Date:      Fri, 4 Dec 1998 17:37:23 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Robert <robert@namodn.com>
To:        John Sconiers <jrs@enteract.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AOpen sound card

Hmm, I'm not familiar with that sound card ( I don't get out much :)

But the way you do plug n pray is thusly ..
put the lines

controller pnp0
device          pcm0    at isa? port ? tty irq 9 drq 1 flags 0x0 vector pcmintr

in yer kernel file, and recompile..

the first line is the pnp controller ( see man pnp ) and the second line
is Luigi Rizzo's awsome sound driver :)

( pnp0 requires you to use the regular old boot -c, not the fancy visual
one BTW )

@:-)

-rob
( www.namodn.com )