Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 1997 07:33:40 +0000
From:      Ruslan Shevchenko <Ruslan@Shevchenko.kiev.ua>
To:        Douglas Carmichael <dcarmich@mcs.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Could FreeBSD be a viable platform for large SQL/SAP/etc enterprise applications?

Douglas Carmichael wrote:

> Could FreeBSD be a viable platform to run business applications (e.g. Oracle
> or other SQL servers, SAP R/3, BAAN, etc.)?

  Somebody say, that he run Oracle under SCO emulator.

   but in general, i think, answer is no:
              --- no support of vendors of Business Application.
                  (so, it bad server for business applications)
              --- FreeBSD can't run pure Java APPS
                  (so, it'a bad client)

  I reccomended for Server Sun-Solaris/Alpha-OSF/RS-AIX
     or SCO, if you have only PC.

  for clients -- if you love Unix -- then Linux.