Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 1997 18:45:46 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Progress at last with AWE 64!

 |Now, I just need a little advice on configuring the card.  Anyone out there
 |who could tell me the proper settings for DRQ's with this thing?
 |
 |Here's what I'm using in my kernel:
 |
 |controller      snd0
 |
 |options         SBC_IRQ=5
 |device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 conflicts drq 1 vector sbintr
 |device sbxvi0   at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 5 conflicts
 |device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x330 irq 5 conflicts
 |device opl3     at isa? port 0x388
 |device awe0     at isa? port 0x620 irq 5 conflicts

Glad to hear your having more success with this version.  Kudos to Amancio
and Luigi for their efforts!

Here's what I use for my SB32.  Packaged S/W and PnP aside, we have the
same soundcard:

controller      snd0
device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
device sbxvi0   at isa? drq 5
device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x330
# Yamaha OPL-2/OPL-3 FM - for SB, SB Pro, SB16, PAS
device opl0     at isa? port 0x388
device awe0     at isa? port 0x620

This is the default SB16 configuration.  Just paste this as-is for
starters.  Also, if any other device is on irq 5, dma 5 or dma 1, try to
move or disable it/them for now so you can get things up-and-running with
the least resistance.

 |This is the closest I've come yet to getting this thing working.  Success
 |is at hand!  :-)

Hope this helps!

Randall