Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 17:45:26 -0500
From:      "Ugen Antsilevitch" <ugen@undp.org>
To:        developers@freebsd.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel module and syscall locking.

Hey!

Any takers?

 On the related note, in the /proc/<pid>/file we make
file point to the binary image of the process. However (as of 4.2)
vfs_cache.c:text_fullpath() stops at "fdp->fd_rdir" (which is what
chroot/jail will make the root for the process, right?).
CURRENT seems to have similar code in vn_fullpath().

 This is fine for things like getcwd() etc but in the /proc imho
a link should point to the actual binary image. If i see /bin/ls i'd
like to know it is not /some/chroot/bin/ls which in fact is not /bin/ls
at all and does something evil quietly:)))))

>   3) 4.2 (and 4.X in general) are still single "thread" kernels,
>      right? what about 5.0 ? (that may be an ignorance question but
>      i can't download the source tree now, with the modem connection
>      being the only one available).
Got this on my own :) 4.x is fine, no need to worry and i will deal
with reentrant kernel when i'll have to.

Ideas?:)
--Ugen