Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 14:25:05 -0600
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@mu.org>
To:        Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail, rbl & orbs

On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 12:10:20PM -0500, Vivek Khera wrote:

> For example, my IP office addresses are in ORBS, but I don't nor have
> I ever run an open relay.  The addresses are in there because my
> building supplies IP addresses to me from their ISP, who gets
> connectivity through Above.net, and ORBS is having a pissing match
> with Above.net.  So I have to route all my mail through a backup
> server at my co-lo facility to ensure no rejections.

This is one of many reasons that ORBS is a piece of shit[1].

See the nanog mail archives[2] for large discussions regarding MAPS v. ORBS.

--
Bill Fumerola - security yahoo         / Yahoo! inc.
              - fumerola@yahoo-inc.com / billf@FreeBSD.org

1. Before ORBS decides to have another tantrum and block Yahoo because of
   the above statement, I'm not speaking for Yahoo, just for myself.
2. http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/