Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 1995 14:45:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      DAN WELCH <WELCHDW@wofford.edu>
To:        tranp@smtplink.mdl.sandia.gov
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: sendmail error reported...

> I used "Mail -v tranp", the sendmail program reported errors
>
> sendmail... dangerous permission.
> cannot alias local user..

About the "sendmail ... dangerous permission" message:
I don't know about "Mail -v" but I got that same message from the
system during reboot after I modified sendmail.cf using m4. That process
had produced different permissions from the original, as I discovered
because I had kept the original (by renaming it). Setting the permissions
to the original value made the message go away for subsequent reboots.