Date:      Sat, 4 Apr 1998 14:45:24 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   problems with signals on capture with bt848 driver

Hi,

i was trying today a program to make the bt848 driver send signals
on each frame, using some old code that amancio sent me (very plain
stuff -- just call METEORSSIGNAL etc.). I am using the driver from
-stable on a 2.2.1 system, and the driver seems to work fine with
vic, tv and fxtv (*), however none of these programs uses signals
i believe.

I can do some more tests but since mys etting is too different from
most others, I would like to know if someone could send me the pointer
to a known-working program which uses signals on the bt848 driver, and
details on his configuration.

In fact i am not sure if the problem is related with:
 - the use of the driver on 2.2.1
 - the use of PAL
 - some hardware problem on my machine.

As a matter of fact my hardware might not be perfect since in the past
i had some missed interrupts (with a locally hacked version of the
bt848 driver) and the status register of the bt848 revealed some PCI
timeout etc, which at the time i "solved" by masking those errors.
Now i am using the stock driver and i'd rather not return to my
own code...

	thanks
	luigi

(*) fxtv might use signals and in fact i have problems whenever i try
to save an image, since the application appears not to proceed in that
case.