Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 1997 08:04:02 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Jakob Alvermark <jakob@teligent.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Extended dos partitions

Jakob Alvermark:
 |FreeBSD is supposed to support mounting of dospartitions, primary as well
 |as extended. I can mount my primary dos partition, it works great. But
 |how do I mount the second, extended partition? I think it works when you
 |have all partitions on the same disk, but that's not the case here. I
 |have one SCSI-disk with FreeBSD 2.1.6R, and a second disk with two dos
 |partitions, primary and extended. I can mount the first dos partition,
 |but not the second one.
 |So, my question is: Is there any way for me to mount the extended dos
 |partition on the second disk? I've not subscribed to this list, so I
 |would be glad if send answers directly to me.

Consider subscribing to the list and auto-filtering list mail into a file
folder.  You pick up a lot of useful info that way.

See http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook19.html#21.  Adapting to your
particular problem:

     cd /dev
     sh MAKEDEV sd1s5
     mkdir /dos_d
     mount -t msdos /dev/sd1s5 /dos_d

Works for me at least, though I'm running 2 IDEs and primary/extended DOS
partitions on both drives.

Randall