Date:      Sat, 7 Apr 2007 12:16:00 +0200
From:      Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
To:        "Bruce M. Simpson" <bms@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        gnn@freebsd.org, net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A radical restructuring of IPsec...

Hi, Bruce,

On Sat, Apr 07, 2007 at 05:27:30AM +0100, Bruce M. Simpson wrote:
> I'm all for this in principle. I believe that the case for FAST_IPSEC
> over KAME IPSEC is fairly clear for those of us who have read the USENIX
> paper. Qualitatively speaking I can say FAST_IPSEC has been more
> pleasant to work with when introducing the TCP-MD5 support.

Would you point out the paper you're talking about please ?

George,

Thank you for your work!

I'm a little sorrowful to see KAME's work going to be forgotten, but
well, this is Darwin's law :-).

BTW, a couple of years ago, I've tried KAME's snapshot against my
RELENG_4's tree.  There was a number of features that weren't in the
base system and I'm pretty sure this is still the case.  I can't
remember them all but one: NAT-PT (RFC2766) (IPv4<->IPv6 translation).
Do you have any idea what those features will become in later days ?

Thank you.
Best regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen