Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 2013 21:48:06 -0500
From:      Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?QnJ1bm8gTGF1esOp?= <brunolauze@msn.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org" <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: VPS / Jail / Bhyve File System isolation

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM, Bruno Lauz=C3=A9 <brunolauze@msn.com> wro=
te:

> Using jails, customers are uncomfortable with the fact documents can be a=
ccessed from the host with root access.Project VPS seems to isolate more th=
e guest from the host but not as well as an hypervisor like bhyve. With an =
hypervisor what the client have is private, as long as the host can manage =
the disk, delete it,  but the information is kept private from the host.
> Any suggestions how to offer jail, vps, or anything containers techniques=
 with total file system isolation from the host, or the only way is to go h=
ypervisor, with the performance and instances count penalty that goes with =
it?

Untrusted hypervisors is an active area of academic research.
However, any such scheme requires additional hardware support.

If you are interested I can give you some papers to look at.

--=20
Eitan Adler