Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 2002 20:22:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Re: KDE = K.D.E.A.D! (2.2.2 to 3.0.1, cvspass?)

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> PL> ...me straight.  By the way, can't cvs or cvsup include this CVSROOT info on the command line, hence leading to a more general success rate?
> Yes, of course it can.  Use the -d option to cvs:
> 	$ cvs -d ':pserver:cvs@server:/path' login
> 	$ cvs -d ':pserver:cvs@server:/path' checkout foo-module

Simple Question: Is the "foo-module" another name for a directory, one
which contains items necessary for "make?"

For example, if I search ports for "chef" I find a "Download" link to:

Index of ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/branches/-current/ports/misc/chef/
[Upper Directory]
Makefile. . Jun 13 03:59    570
distinfo. . Jun 13 03:59     52
pkg-comment Jun 13 03:59     55
pkg-descr . Jun 13 03:59    267
pkg-plist . Jun 13 03:59     93

Is there a way to "get this port" using CVS then?  Apologies for my novice
status.[2]

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder

[2] Your use of footnotes is quite endearing ;-)