Date:      Thu, 07 Jun 2001 00:02:40 -0400
From:      Bob Johnson <bobj@ufl.edu>
To:        stranda@cofc.edu
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: troubles with D-link dwl-650 wireless NIC

> Date: 02 Jun 2001 15:34:01 -0400
> From: Allan Strand <stranda@cofc.edu>
> Subject: troubles with D-link dwl-650 wireless NIC
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have a desktop machine into which I am trying to install a D-link 650
> wireless NIC.  This is a PCMCIA card, so it is attached to the PCI
> bus via a PCI-PCMCIA bridge that D-link provides.  The bridge is
> recognized.  pccardd recognizes that a card exists in the slot.  It
> also seems to find the appropriate entry in /etc/defaults/pccard.conf.
>
> The configuration always exits and complains that it cannot find the
> MAC address.
>
> I can use pccardc and examine the tuples stored in the CIS, so I know
> that some communication is occurring between card and bus.

Have you made any progress on this?  I had my dwl-650 pccard (no pci
adapter) working in 4.2-STABLE from early February.  Last night (5 June)
I updated to 4.3-STABLE and now I'm seeing the same thing you reported.

Also, after I insert and remove the DWL-650, my wired ethernet pccard
(LinkSys 10/100) doesn't work, either.  I have to power down and reboot
to get things working again.

If no one has any suggestions, I guess I'll try going back to the 21 April
-STABLE (just before if_wi.c had significant changes to the attach code)
and see if it works then.  Very tedious...

- Bob

> Below I have included output from dmesg, the dumpcis from pccardc, and
> the entry in my version of pccard.conf.  The system is a K-6 p450
> running a stable 4.x cvsupped on 6/1/01.
>
> Can anyone shed some light?
>
>[snip]

- Bob