Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 1995 22:53:05 -0700
From:      jkh@violet.berkeley.edu (Jordan K. Hubbard)
To:        bugs@freebsd.org

From: perry@jpunix.com (John Perry)
Newsgroups: comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc
Subject: Is "at" broken?
Date: 7 Jul 1995 12:40:34 GMT

I just upgraded from FreeBSD 1.1.5.1R to 2.05R. I'm having a problem with
the "at" command. I had a shell script that I ran under the old OS and
I'd kick it off using at. The last command in the shell script was
another at command to re-schedule the file to run again at some time
determined by the shell script. Under 2.05, the at command seems to be
erratic. I can "at" the shell script and it will run at the proper time.
Sometimes the script schedules another run for later and sometimes it
doesn't. In other words, the original job that I load from the keyboard
runs and generates a second scheduled job that I can see with the "atq"
command. The second job executes but does not re-submit another job to
the queue like it's supposed to. Any ideas? This exact same script would
re-submit itself numerous times like it was supposed to, but not under
2.05.

--
 John Perry - KG5RG - perry@jpunix.com -  PGP-encrypted e-mail welcome!
 WWW - http://www.jpunix.com