Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2007 21:46:02 -0400
From:      pj <af.gourmet@videotron.ca>
To:        freebsd-openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   install problems

I find installing openoffice extraordinarily complicated.
First, the requirement of 2gb of memory seems astronomical for normal
users. I normally have 500mb or 1gb for Photoshop machines and things
work fine.

How does one install the package of OOo? The only way I was able to
install the package openoffice.org-2.2.1.tbz was to pkg_add -f - but
that left a lot of dependencies (packages) uninstalled.
The program seems to work ok but I wonder what I should expect when I am
using it a lot.
Shoud I install the other (missing) packages (older versions) or the
ports (newer)? Is OO intuitive in adapting to newer versions?

Thanks for any help.
Phil