Date:      Sat, 13 Nov 1999 13:25:29 -0800
From:      "Erik Stainsby" <stainsby@telus.net>
To:        "Jonathon McKitrick" <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>, "Majid Almassari" <majid@ibroadcast.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: enabling telnet

Jonathan, are you attempting to login with a restricted-rights user?
Usually root is denied access except from the console.

Other things to consider are definitions in inetd.conf
(which may or may not hook in the tcp_wrapper and it's privilege
granting/denying mechanisms).

Good luck,
    Erik Stainsby
    stainsby@telus.net
   There was no year zero.
   The next millenium begins January 1, 2001.