Date:      Sat, 27 Mar 1999 13:14:15 -0800 ()
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        Ben Manes <anarchy@crl.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: unhappy installation

> So, two questions. What do you mean by 'clean,' and if I copy the cd to
> the root of one of my fat16 partitions, booting off the cd, will it
> install that way? I tried before, but said it didn't see the data on any
> of the partitions...

	Well since it's autoterminating it won't work. But in damp/dusty
environments (which I seem to end up working in...) you frequently need to
give the connectors of cards (and in the this case the terminators,) a
good cleaning. A pencil eraser then a clean cotton cloth works fine. You
can usually see the differance pretty easily. :)
	Now that I think about it, you can choose to change the
termination on card can't you? I had roughly the same problem with a
Seagate drive that wouldn't autoterminate itself.
	Also, you'll want to put the files in c:\bin or c:\freebsd to load
from DOS.

						Rick