Date:      13 Nov 1999 17:39:08 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dropped connection

Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org> writes:

> Here is what ppp shows me.  Here is one example when i couldn't even get
> connected to get DISconnected:
>
> Chat: Revceived: CONNECT 21600/V34/NONE
> Chat: Expect(30): ogin:
> Chat: Received:
> Chat: Received: NO CARRIER
> Phase: deflink: Carrier lost
>
> p.s.  I am currently trying everything in the ppp FAQ on dropped
> connections, but nothing works so far.

This could be caused by bad phone lines.  I had a problem like that back
when I was using linux, and a check with my phone company's technician
proved that there was a good amount of noise on my phone line.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]