Date:      Sat, 29 Dec 2001 00:45:32 -0500
From:      "Ciro Maietta" <geminidominoubermensch@yahoo.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   APM on an Intel 810 chipset (was: Enabling APM)

I am having EXACTLY the same problem.

valhalla# apm
apm: can't open /dev/apm: Device not configured
valhalla#

I have (I think) enabled apm0 in kernel. I say "I think" because I have
DEFINITELY added 'device apm0' to the kernel, but I get no message of APM in
the startup. One of the users on IRC suggested that I might need to add some
options to the "Device" line, but the ones in GENERIC dont cut it.  I'm
using a Compaq 5724 factory loaded, except for 192 ram upgrade. The chipset
is an Intel 810.  If anyone has ANY input, that would be great.

TIA
Ciro