Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 2002 10:25:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        "Robert Blayzor" <rblayzor@inoc.net>
Cc:        "'Valery G. Utkin'" <uvg@niiefa.spb.su>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: RE: FW: RE: Swap_pager error

:Well, I'm synced to 4.5-RELEASE-p5 right now, and I did a make
:buildworld/install and kernel on the same source tree.
:
:[goliath:~] ls -l /sbin/ipfw
:-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  261272 Apr 23 06:02 /sbin/ipfw
:[goliath:~] md5 /sbin/ipfw
:MD5 (/sbin/ipfw) = 39b93b13a15ab6d3f77fdab267c0acef
:[goliath:/etc] md5 /sbin/ip6fw
:MD5 (/sbin/ip6fw) = 543a2016c4e4032da3ae93f7fad0a553
:
:
:Seems the script runs ip6fw as well, and I don't have IPv6 compiled into
:the kernel either.
:
:--
:Robert Blayzor, BOFH
:INOC, LLC
:rblayzor@inoc.net

    Robert, if you haven't already I would recommend that you re-enable all
    your cron stuff, *except* for the ipfw and ip6fw related elements, and
    see if your boxes remain stable.

    If they do, try reenabling ipfw but leaving ip6fw disabled.  If the
    continue to work, try reenabling ip6fw (to be sure that is causing
    the crash).

    It is beginning to sound like either ipfw or ip6fw is either causing
    corruption in the kernel or is causing something (in kernel or userland
    running as root) to exhaust physical memory and lock the machine up.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>