Date:      Sat, 17 Nov 2007 18:10:10 -0800
From:      "Maksim Yevmenkin" <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
To:        "Marten Vijn" <info@martenvijn.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ubt0 macaddress cloning

Marten,

> Is there a way to change the macaddress of a ubt (ng_ubt) device?

short answer is no. not with the standard hci interface.

> I have reading manpages hccontrol l2control and more, but I could now
> find it?

as far as i know, bluetooth specification does not define hci command
to change bd_addr. obviously each bluetooth chip needs its own
bd_addr, so chip manufacturer has a way to program bd_addrs. depending
on a particular chip it may be possible to change bd_addr using custom
tools.

thanks,
max