Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:56:33 -0400
From:      Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
To:        support@junglenote.com
Cc:        "[FreeBSD-Questions-List] (E-post)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: dhcpd

>I'm looking for a dhcp solution where the server denies address-lease
renewal
>and forces the
>client to request a lease for another. In other words the main idea is that
th
>e client address
>changes with every renewal period. Is it possible and if so how?

I'm not sure why you would want to do this.  I can only imagine one
possibility:  an attempt to prevent your users from setting up servers
on dhcp clients.

I don't think you've fully thought this through.  What do you expect to
happen to open sessions when the IP address suddenly changes underneath
them?  Your users will want your head if you do this to them.  You
really need to think of a different solution.

-Mitch