Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 1996 14:52:23 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Current Users' list)
Subject:   Re: #include opt_ipfw.h problem for lkm

Ollivier Robert wrote in message ID
<199606130950.LAA15818@keltia.freenix.fr>:
> sys/netinet/ip_fw.c includes  "opt_ipfw.h" when compiling the kernel (which
> is fine) but includes it also when compiling as lkm (which is bad).

Phoey. You're right.

On this subject, does anyone object to my REMOVAL of the option to
have IPFW as an LKM? Having it as an LKM is (IMHO) stupid ... all a
person breaking in needs to do to throw security WIDE open is
modunload the module, and then the machine will fall back to being a
simple router. Not my idea of a secure option.

Will anyone seriously miss it if I remove the lkm?

Gary