Date:      Sat, 22 Apr 2000 18:46:25 +1000 (EST)
From:      Sleepless in Brisbane <snowy@snowy.org>
To:        dustys@visto.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Remove Boot Manager

On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, Dusty Schnabel wrote:

> I need to know how to remove the boot manager from my system that freeBSD
> setup.  I have two HDs and now Win98 only will see my 1st HD b/c of the
> boot manager I beleive. If you can help me please send your reply to:
>
> Dusty Schnabel
> dustys@visto.com

The most easiet way is to boot with a MSDOS Boot disk with a copy of FDISK.EXE
on it and type the following at the command line:

FDISK /MBR

This will rewrite the Master Boot Record.  Then run FDISK.EXE and make sure
your Windows Partition is the ACTIVE one.  (Should be easy to find under the
menus).  Reboot and you should find yourself back in Windows.

Remember though that this will mean you will have to activate your FreeBSD
partition to boot to it.  (Ie:  set it to the ACTIVE partition - once again
under FDISK.EXE).

--Snowy