Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 1997 07:54:33 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        jseger@scds.ziplink.net
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with modula-3-lib

In article <199704201757.RAA03404@scds.ziplink.net>,
Justin M. Seger <jseger@scds.ziplink.net> wrote:

> The lang/modula-3-lib port won't compile under current (as of April 19.)
> [...]
> new source -> compiling ../src/runtime/FreeBSD2/RTHeapDepC.c
> ../src/runtime/FreeBSD2/RTHeapDepC.c: In function `truncate':
> ../src/runtime/FreeBSD2/RTHeapDepC.c:1151: argument `path' doesn't match prototype
> /usr/include/sys/types.h:169: prototype declaration

You're right, it's broken.  Recent changes to <sys/types.h> in
-current have made a prototype visible that wasn't visible before.
That reaveals a faulty declaration in RTHeapDepC.c.

I'll update the port as soon as I can.  Meanwhile, you can patch it
manually if you wish.  Starting from a clean slate:

    chdir /usr/ports/lang/modula-3-lib
    make configure

then edit "work/m3/m3core/src/runtime/FreeBSD2/RTHeapDepC.c".  In
the definition of truncate(), around line 1149, change the argument
declarations to this:

    const char *path;
    off_t length;

Then chdir back up to /usr/ports/lang/modula-3-lib and finish the
make.  I think that should fix it.

Thanks for the report.  By the way, when you find a problem in a
port, it's always a good idea to send mail to the person listed in
the MAINTAINER field of the makefile.  Sometimes you get faster
results that way.

John