Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 20:24:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris Hill <chris@monochrome.org>
To:        Rick Hamell <hamellr@aracnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Domain Name Registration

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Rick Hamell wrote:

> 	What company do y'all recommend for Domain Name Registration these
> days?

I tried to register a domain with nameit.net a few months ago. Not only
did they charge my credit card twice, they did not actually register my
domain.  To their credit, they did eventually refund my money. To their
discredit, they are sending me advertising even now.

Network Solutions cost exactly two dollars more, but at least they did
the work (quickly and correctly).

I'm currently getting another domain set up through register.com, but
it's still too early to tell whether or not they suck.

HTH.

--
Chris Hill               chris@monochrome.org
[1]    Bus error                     netscape