Date:      Sat, 16 Dec 2000 15:54:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        mel kravitz <melk@switchpwr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: up1000 install

mel kravitz writes:
 > Hi,
 > Has anyone tried to install 4.2 on a UP1000, if so can X -(mach64)

I haven't actually installed from the installation media, but I've run
4.x on my UP1000 ever since merging the platform support from -current.

 > server be made to work?

No idea.  If the mach64 server doesn't work for you, I think you can
try the svga server before you give up.

 > If not what are the recommendations for video cards ? Is osf1(tru64

Glint/Permedia cards such as the Elsa Gloria have the best support.

 > libs) support for netscape-xxx-dec.tar.gz
 > present?

Yes. Install /usr/ports/emulators/osf1_base and then install your
favorite version of netscape (communicator, navigator, etc) from
/usr/ports/www/

Drew

PS: I'm sending this mail from a up1000 running 5.0-CURRENT ;)