Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:26:53 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        Achilleus Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: jdk1.4.1-p2 hang

On (2003/02/20 14:44), Achilleus Mantzios wrote:

> > Looking at the benchmarks on shudo.net [1], it seems like ShuJIT is
> > _significantly_ inferior to Hotspot.
>
> did you try it???
> how about OpenJIT???

Nope.  I trusted the benchmarks on the ShuJIT web site, which indicated
that Hotspot was way faster in all tests performed.

Assuming for the moment that Hotspot proves reliable, I'm not sure why
using anything else would make sense.

I didn't think that my comment would be taken as an insult to ShuJIT,
because I was talking about their own benchmarks, not my opinion.

Ciao,
Sheldon.