Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 16:15:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Marc Tardif <intmktg@CAM.ORG>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   no ports work anymore

I have cvsup'ed my freebsd box to stable from a very recent installation,
making sure I downloaded all the source code and the appropriate port
subdirectories for what I need (including devel for dependencies). Both
the make buildworld and make installworld went well and so did the
compilation of the new kernel, everything done word for word as specified
in the freebsd handbook. After rebooting, I tried to install some ports
but none seem to work. I have only tried 3 ports, but all failed so there
must be something wrong somewhere. I have included my supfile as well as
the error messages I get by typing "make install" in the respective port
directories. Please let me know if there's anything wrong with the
particular ports, with the release or with my installation (though I
suspect the later is the most probable).

This is the supfile I used to update my installation of freebsd to
-stable (I installed cvsup-bin from packages):

*default tag=RELENG_3
*default host=cvsup5.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs delete use-rel-suffix

src-all
cvs-crypto
ports-base
ports-databases tag=.
ports-devel tag=.
ports-mail tag=.
ports-security tag=.
ports-www tag=.

These are the error messages I get for OpenSSH, Postfix and PostgreSQL (I
had to install gmake from packages also, that didn't compile either):

----- OpenSSH -----
/usr/ports/security/openssh/work/ssh/lib/../authfd.c:439: `key' undeclared (first use this function)
/usr/ports/security/openssh/work/ssh/lib/../authfd.c:448: `auth' undeclared (first use this function)
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

----- Postfix -----
You already have a user "postfix", so I will use it.
root:wheel: not founc
*** Error code 127

Stop.
*** Error code 1