Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 12:22:49 +0100 (CET)
From:      Patrik Astrom <astrom@astrom.net>
To:        Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netcraft

I also think that advertise your uptime is a bad thing, I have a box on
uptimes.net (TMAKER) and when I first added this host to the list I
entered the full hostname (By misstake). And after 2-3 days I noticed
about 300-400 portscanns so I changed the name of the host on uptimes.net
to not display the entire hostname, and since that I only noticed a
very few attempts to probe my box.

Even though Im not worried about the security on my box I think it is a
bad idea to make a lot of noice of ones uptime.

//Regards
Patrik Astrom