Date:      Fri, 4 Aug 2000 13:38:55 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
To:        Daryl Chance <dchance@valuedata.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Disable Reboot FSCK

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Daryl Chance wrote:

:Is there a way I can disable the FSCK on a reboot?  I have a server
:that has a bad motherboard in it (working with FIC on getting a
:replacement).  The server will (at least) reboot 2 times a day....maybe
:more depending on load.  It's a pain (even though it's a fast server)
:to sit and wait on the FSCK.  The disabling would only be temporary

Yes, it can be done.  It's not usually a good idea.  In your case, it's just
plain dumb.  Mounting a corrupted filesystem is very effective way of
causing a kernel panic.  Replace your borken hardware.

David Scheidt