Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2001 21:47:18 -0700
From:      "Eric Rosenberry" <ericr@dsl-only.net>
To:        "Jason Halbert" <jason@jason-n3xt.org>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Networking Question

What services do you run off this DSL line?  Web?  FTP?  Do you have lots of
little connections or just large file transfers?  Are the services you are
providing hosted off this BSD box or off something on the Internal network?
How many IP's does your ISP give you?  Are the transfers primarily inbound
or outbound?

The reason I ask these questions is to try and figure out what the best
solution for you would be.  Under the assumption that these are web
connections and that there are a lot of small ones, you could setup
something as simple as a round robin DNS which would send roughly half the
request to each interface.  Realize that if you do that though and one of
the DSL lines goes down, then randomly half the people that are trying to
connect cannot.

-Eric