Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 2002 02:13:50 +1000
From:      Stephen McKay <smckay@internode.on.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Stephen McKay <smckay@internode.on.net>
Subject:   Re: Uncommitted dc0 fixes ...

On Monday, 9th September 2002, "David O'Brien" wrote:

>If a clear capable replacement maintainer for dc(4) stepped forward, I am
>sure the user community could put all the various types of cards in said
>person's hands.  I have 3 cards I could donate to the cause myself.

If I had one of everything, I'd test patches on them.  (Or test they work
at all; see kern/42714.)  I can't say I'd go so far as being the official
maintainer, as that implies a response time I can't currently guarantee.

It's not much of an offer, I know, but as far as I know nobody else is
interested at all.  Either way I'll continue to test (and use) the two
flavours of dc card I already have (real Intel and a Macronix 98715AEC).

Stephen.

PS I've been delayed in committing the couple patches I said I would
commit.  My -current box seems not to be current enough to compile a
-current kernel any more. :-(  I'll get up to date eventually; it's a
sloooow box.