Date:      Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:50:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alan E <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/41994: New Port: x11-fonts/artwiz-fonts

The following reply was made to PR ports/41994; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alan E <alane@geeksrus.net>
To: Dominic Marks <dominic_marks@btinternet.com>
Cc: FreeBSD Bugs <freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 06:45:33 -0400

 On Sun, Aug 25, 2002 at 10:54:58AM +0100, Dominic Marks wrote:

 > shar artwiz-fonts/* artwiz-fonts/files/* > artwiz-fonts.shar

 What you really want is:

 	shar $(find artwiz-fonts) >artwiz-fonts.shar

 I also had to make some changes regarding installation and the
 pkg-message file.

 You should use ${INSTALL_DATA}, not ${CP} to install the font files.

 Also, you can't write outside of ${WRKDIR}. What if the user has the
 ports dir NFS mounted read-only (like on the build clusters)?

 So you have to go through some clumsy crap to modify pkg-message:

 PKGMESSAGE=	${WRKDIR}/pkg-message

 [then later]

 .include <bsd.port.pre.mk>

 post-install:
 	@${SED} 's|$${X11BASE}|${X11BASE}|g' \
 		${PKGDIR}/pkg-message >${PKGMESSAGE}
 	@${CAT} ${PKGMESSAGE}

 .include <bsd.port.post.mk>

 [isn't that fun and intuitive?]

 The reason that's so weird is that you have to get X11BASE and PKGDIR
 defined before you can do the sed, but bsd.port.mk checks for the
 existence (using .if exists) of PKGMESSAGE in the post section or else
 if won't include it in the package. Hence the PITA.

 I also cleaned up all the portlint warnings that were cleanable.

 --
 AlanE
 KDE-FreeBSD Team (http://freebsd.kde.org/)