Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 14:34:28 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        FreeBSD-questions <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        nicks@albury.net.au
Subject:   Re: FTP Login message?

* Nick Slager <nicks@albury.net.au> [20001215 09:41]: writing on the subject 'Re: FTP Login message?'
=>Thus spake Jack Juil Harris, Jr. (me@jharris.com):
=>
=>> Where is the ftp login message file at in 4.2 Stable ?
=>
=>If you're using the ftpd that comes with the base system, you will find
=>it in /etc/ftpwelcome. 'man ftpd' for more details.

This is news to me. Do you mean to say one can have ftp access to a server
on which nothing from the ports have been installed? I did not know that
there is such a possibility, or maybe what you mean by the 'base system'.
I did man ftp but no mention of welcome msg though.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke  5th Flr Furaha Plaza

Belief? What do I believe in? I believe in sun. In rock. In the dogma of the
sun and the doctrine of the rock. I believe in blood, fire, woman, rivers,
eagles, storm, drums, flutes, banjos, and broom-tailed horses...