Date:      Sat, 22 Apr 2000 16:26:14 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Andy Coates <andy@friends-tv.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.4-RELEASE and 3.4-STABLE

> I recently obtained the 3.4-RELEASE ISO and installed that on my system. I'm
> now a little confused with regards to the 3.4-STABLE release - am I right in
> thinking that the RELEASE was a snapshot of STABLE at a certain point (Dec
> 1999)?

Yes. Except that before 3.4-RELEASE was made, the stable tree was
called 3.3-STABLE.

> If this is the case, and I wish to make my system STABLE, are there any
> listings of the files which have been changed since RELEASE, so I don't have
> to get *all* the files?

The easiest and quickest way to upgrade your source tree is via cvsup.
See the handbook,
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/synching.html
which, if you installed the docs, should also be there on your machine in
/usr/share/doc/handbook/

Rahul.