Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 1996 23:34:19 +0100 (WET DST)
From:      Paulo Menezes <paulo@pegasus.isr.uc.pt>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   localtime needs changes for Portugal

Hi,

Yesterday we did not adjust our watches and VCR's as usual :-) but our UN*X
systems did !! This because we changed our timezone from MET to WET...
Were you have the patch to the europe file that was distributed with 2.1R

regards,

Paulo
--------------

*** europe.old  Mon Apr  1 23:20:51 1996
--- europe      Mon Apr  1 23:19:12 1996
***************
*** 1718,1724 ****
  # From Rui Pedro Salgueiro <rps@inescca.inescc.pt> (November 12, 1992):
  # Portugal has recently (September, 27) changed timezone
  # (from WET to MET or CET) to harmonize with EEC.
!                       1:00    EC      MET%s
  # We don't know what happened to Madeira or the Azores,
  # so we'll just use Shanks for now.
  # Zone        NAME            GMTOFF  RULES   FORMAT  [UNTIL]
--- 1718,1725 ----
  # From Rui Pedro Salgueiro <rps@inescca.inescc.pt> (November 12, 1992):
  # Portugal has recently (September, 27) changed timezone
  # (from WET to MET or CET) to harmonize with EEC.
!                       1:00    EC      MET%s   1996 Mar 31 2:00s
!                       0:00    EC      WET%s