Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 21:17:29 -0400
From:      David Banning <David@www3.pacific-pages.com>
To:        Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
Cc:        David@SkytrackerCanada.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: newbie of php problem - code shows no output

Now here's something - going through the make of PHP I got this message;

| information about your setup.                                      |
| License:                                                           |
| This software is subject to the PHP License, available in this     |
| distribution in the file LICENSE.  By continuing this installation |
| process, you are bound by the terms of this license agreement.     |
| If you do not agree with the terms of this license, you must abort |
| the installation process at this point.                            |

so when I looked in the debug.log file it said;

CONFIGURE:   './configure' '--with-apxs=/usr/local/sbin/apxs'
'--enable-versioning' '--with-system
-regex' '--with-config-file-path=/usr/local/etc' '--disable-debug'
'--enable-track-vars' '--withou
t-gd' '--disable-pear' '--with-zlib' '--with-mysql=/usr/local'
'--prefix=/usr/local' 'i386--freebs
d4.0'
CC:         cc
CFLAGS:     -O -pipe
CPPFLAGS:
CXX:        c++
CXXFLAGS:    -O -pipe
INCLUDES:    -I/usr/local/include/apache  -I$(top_builddir)/Zend
-I$(top_srcdir) -I/usr/local/incl
ude/mysql
LDFLAGS:     -R/usr/local/lib/mysql -L/usr/local/lib/mysql
LIBS:       -lmysqlclient -lm -lcrypt
DLIBS:
SAPI:       apache
PHP_RPATHS:  /usr/local/lib/mysql
uname -a:   FreeBSD tracker 4.0-STABLE FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE #0: Tue Jul  4
12:18:07 EDT 2000     roo
t@tracker:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/tracker  i386

cc -o conftest -O -pipe   -R/usr/local/lib/mysql -L/usr/local/lib/mysql
conftest.c -lmysqlclient -
lm -lcrypt  1>&5
/usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so: warning: tempnam() possibly used
unsafely; consider using
mkstemp()

Any idea what to do with that?

Larry Rosenman wrote:

> nope... Not at all.  I added them to my stuff for me...
>
> LER
>
> > Sorry Larry, but I'm still somewhat lost here.
> > I have installed mod_php-4.0.0 and packages that installed with it
> > through ports,
> > but mod_perl and mod_dav are not installed.
> > Do I need them?
> >
> > Larry Rosenman wrote:
> > >
> > > They aren't, I added them for my amusement.
> > >
> > > You just need either mod_php3 or mod_php4 (as you can see, they
> > > co-exist).
> > >
> > > LER

> > > --
> > > Larry Rosenman                      http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
> > > Phone: +1 972-414-9812 (voice) Internet: ler@lerctr.org
> > > US Mail: 1905 Steamboat Springs Drive, Garland, TX 75044-6749
> >
> > --
> > When you try to make an impression, the chances are that is the
> > impression you will make.
>
> --
> Larry Rosenman                      http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
> Phone: +1 972-414-9812 (voice) Internet: ler@lerctr.org
> US Mail: 1905 Steamboat Springs Drive, Garland, TX 75044-6749

--
"It runs like _x, where _x is something unsavory"
		-- Prof. Romas Aleliunas, CS 435