Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:15:12 -0500
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        "G D McKee" <freebsd@gdmckee.com>, "Brennan Stehling" <brennan@offwhite.net>, "Ben" <ben@cahostnet.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: NATD

> Have you managed to get portsentry to work with ipfw?  Does anyone have a
> working config?

I use portsentry on my firewall machine, and it works beautifully.  (I love
seeing the denied messages triggered l33t h4x0rs doing port scans.)

I used portsentry from the ports, and just modified the portsentry.conf file
to suite my fancy (ports detected, ban on nth attempt, etc.)

You will need to uncomment (or change or add, I forget) a KILL_ROUTE line
(depending on your firewall options, you may need to change 10 to something
else so that rule priorities are correct.)

KILL_ROUTE="/sbin/ipfw add 10 deny all from $TARGET$:255.255.255.255 to any"

And that's it!

--
Matt Emmerton