Date:      Sat, 22 Aug 1998 16:27:39 +0300
From:      "Jukka Similä" <lmkjuksi@info1.info.tampere.fi>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Support broken?

Hi.
I had a problem with my Matsushita/Panasonic 5.63 drive, when I tried to
upgrade from 2.2.5 to 2.2.6:
during the upgrade the installatin program gave me error number 5:
input/output error. Well that's already history; since that I have
Installed 2.2.6 from my dos drive.

The Problem at the moment:
When mounting : mount_cd9660 /dev/matcd0c /cdrom
fbsd gives an error message: Matcd0: Illegal data mode for this track
while reading block 64
When mounting: mount_cd9660 /dev/matcd0a /cdrom
I can mount the disk, I can read it fine, but when i try to add_pkg
something, it won't find everything, it reports that some packets are
missing.

My cdrom drive is connected to GUS MAX, port 0x340. (mat 5.63)
I also tried my Sound Galaxy Nova 16, port 630. No hope.
I also tried a Matsushita/Panasonic 5.62.  With both the soundcards. No
hope. Everything works perfectly in w95. I also tried another fbsd 2.2.6
release 4 cd pack, that was tested and it worked fine on my friends
computer. So is the support for Matcd 5.63 and 5.62 somehow broken, and
is it already fixed in 2.2.7?

I hope you reply to my address too.

Jukka Similä <lmkjuksi@info1.info.tampere.fi>