Date:      Thu, 17 May 2001 16:27:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Marc W <mwlist@lanfear.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re:3Ware IDE RAID question

    Well, my computer appears to have answered the question for me --
it means that it's in the process of copying over the data, and a few
minutes later, gave me a nice happy "Done!" message.

    still seeing the following a lot:

    twe0: AEN: <Unknown AEN 0xc>

    anybody else seeing this?

    Thanks!

    marc.

Marc W, San Francisco, CA
Kiltdown -- a free email client for X
www.kiltdown.org -- it's what's underneath that counts.

> -----------------------------

IDE controller and two 20GB IBM drives, with which I wish to set up a
RAID 1 mirroring system.

>     So, I hit ALT+3 and go into the configuration screen, and create
the new raid set.

>     However, now when I reboot, I always get the status "INIT ARRAY
(After F8)" and when I run the 3dmd daemon and connect, It prints out a
"WARNING" in yellow letters at the top.

>     Is this normal?  Is there any way to force initialization of the
array -- FreeBSD does seem to install just fine (although I did get an
error about an unkonwn AEN 0xc once ...), but I'm concerned that the
mirrors are not quite set up correctly.