Date:      Mon, 6 Sep 1999 23:29:40 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Rene de Vries <rene@canyon.demon.nl>
To:        ken@kdm.org (Kenneth D. Merry)
Cc:        wilko@yedi.iaf.nl (Wilko Bulte), freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FBSD3.3RC + UMAX astra 1220S + NCR810 => panic

Ken, Wilko, Freebsd-Scsi readers,

This is the continuing saga about a panicing FreeBSD 3.3RC, a NCR810 and
a Umax 1220s scanner.
Currently the panic is replaced with a printf (and the retry count is
decremented) but it did not bring the scanner to life...
All it had to say was:

da1 at ncr0 bus 0 target 6 lun 0
da1: <  > Fixed Direct Access SCSI-0 device
da1: 3.300MB/s transfers
da1: 0MB (2957417921 0 byte sectors: 0H 0S/T 0C)

And 7 times the "cam_periph_error:...." former panic message...

Which is totally not good as far as I understand SCSI devices.
(I would love to store 2.7Gb on my scanner but somehow I think that this is not
going to work....)

I talked to Wilko over the phone and he suggested to connect the scanner thru
the NCR810 and the same cable to my W95 box. Currently it is connected to the
W95 box with the SCSI adapter that was packaged with the scanner.
I'll do so tomorrow evening (time permitting).

Rene

--
Rene de Vries                    http://www.tcja.nl/~rene; mailto:rene@tcja.nl