Date:      Mon, 03 Sep 2001 07:27:41 +1000
From:      Stuart J Campbell <stuartjc@austar.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems with kdebase2 port

I'm having a bit of trouble installing the upgraded port kdebase-2.2
The problem is be in
{port}/work/kdebase-2.2/kdm/backend/dm.c

   if (ut->ut_type == LOGIN_PROCESS)
                    {
                        Debug ("utmp entry for %s marked waiting\n",
utp->line);
                        utp->state = UtWait;
                    }
                    else if (ut->ut_type != USER_PROCESS)
                        break;
                    else

The utmp struct doesn't include ut_type, and USER_PROCESS and
LOGIN_PROCESS are undefined. Also the functions
getutent
setutent
endutent

don't exist. It all seems related to a difference in the login process
logging for BSD/SysV. The BSD utmp structure is different and it doesn't
include those fns' However this used to work, and I remember at one
point having to apply a patch somewhere here for an earlier verion of
KDE, related to a very similar problem... anyone shed any light on this
?  Am I inadvertently missing something ?

And before anyone asks, I cvsuped it prior to install...

Thanks,
 Stuart.