Date:      Sat, 24 Aug 2002 23:20:54 -0400
From:      "Paul A. Howes" <freebsd-ports@fair-ware.com>
To:        <FreeBSD-Ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Apache 2 problem

All,

I just installed Apache2 from ports and found a rather puzzling problem:
Any HTML file will display perfectly well, but if I add a ZIP file or
EXE in the directory, the server refuses to let me download the file.  I
checked in the access log, and the connection attempt is not recorded at
all.  In the error log, I receive something like:

[Sat Aug 24 23:07:51 2002] [notice] child pid 39280 exit signal Bad
system call (12)

I turned off the memory mapped enhancements, thinking that it might make
a difference but the same error message appears either way.

Any thoughts?  Am I missing something basic?  A search on Google didn't
turn up anything promising.

--
Paul A. Howes