Date:      Sat, 13 Nov 2004 10:50:59 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@DeepCore.dk>
To:        Zoltan Frombach <tssajo@hotmail.com>
Cc:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Subject:   Re: 5.3-RELEASE: WARNING - WRITE_DMA interrupt timout

Zoltan Frombach wrote:
> This is still an issue for me. Please read this post of mine:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2004-November/009420.=
html
>=20
> Can anyone help? I would gladely install test patches to track this=20
> problem down. My system is 5.3-R. And the WRITE_DMA warning happens at =

> least twice a day, it is so predictable. With thanks,

Hmmm, that warning is issued from ATA when requests has been returned to =

the systems bio_taskqueue but the system hasn't finished them within the =

timeout. Now this is an indication of the system being unresponsive=20
already at that point, or at least that was the idea.
It has nothing to do with a bad drive, since the interrupt was seen the=20
drive has finished the request it was asked, its the layers above ATA=20
that doesn't respond to the request beeing returned as finished.

-S=F8ren