Date:               Thu, 2 Mar 1995 17:18:01 SAST
From:      "Braun, Dr Robin M" <RMBRAUN@eleceng.uct.ac.za>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:         Help on installation

Help please,

I am a long time FreeBSD user. I am now trying to install 2.0R on my office
computer. I am running into network troubles while trying to get the
bindist. I manage to issue all the correct stuff to configure the interface
with IP number, default route, nameserver etc. Then when I do an FTP to the
archive site it lets me log in and get a directory listing, but as soon as
I try a get is says

200 File transfer OK

and then hangs until the connection times out. It is almost as though the
returned packet is lost once a transfer is initiated. Any help please.

Rob

********  Dr. Robin M. Braun  ZR1RMB ***********
* Department of Electrical Engineering         *
* University of Cape Town                      *
* Private Bag, Rondebosch, 7700, South Africa  *
* Phone : + 27 + 21 + 650-2810                 *
* Phone (h) : + 27 + 21 + 75-9280              *
* Fax   : + 27 + 21 + 650-3465                 *
* Internet : rmbraun@eleceng.uct.ac.za         *