Date:      Sat, 16 Jan 1999 03:16:47 -0200
From:      Gustavo Vieira G C Rios <grios@netshell.vicosa.com.br>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Sound Blaster

Hi, i was trying to config my sound blaster, is a PNP devices, so i
included the following line in my config kernel file:

1) options pnp
2) device pcm0 at isa port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 .. pcmintr....

I compiled the kernel and nothing worked !!

So i delete the first line:

1) options pnp

Then everything is working properly!!!

My doubt is:
If my Sound Blaster is a PNP, why i cannot use the first line? It should
work with it, but it only works with the second line, only the second
line.
Why?
I should put the first options too, once it's a PNP device, should not i
?