Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2002 22:25:01 -0600
From:      <soralx@cydem.zp.ua>
To:        mjoyner2@hq.dyns.cx
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vmware2 and simd instructions

>  From what I have gathered doing web seaches, the cpuid opcode is *not*
> trappable. :(
What's the problem then?
The guest OS should get proper info from the CPUID instruction.
Can you test that? What does CPU info program show about the CPU
in a guest OS?
The problem is in VMWare - it has some weird reaction to P6
instructions.

> Oct 16 23:44:47: F(140) line=1893 0x10:0xc02660bc fault=13
can you disassemble 0xc02660bc?

> Seems like there should be a way to trap the fault 13
> to not have the guest os panic or blue screen.
don't think so
Programs with P6 instructions won't start working
from this anyway...

21.10.2002; 22:07:56
[SorAlx]  http://cydem.zp.ua/