Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 08:15:30 -0400
From:      Bill Vermillion <bv@wjv.com>
To:        Jamie Ostrowski <jamie@gnulife.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trouble rebuilding a port

While normally not able to pour water out of boot that had
 instructions on the heel, on Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 07:15
our dear friend Jamie Ostrowski uttered this load of codswallop:

>     Can anyone tell me how to rebuild a port if it's been
> accidently deleted? I would use cvsup, but unfortunately that
> is the port I want to build! Any links to docs would also be
> helpful if you now of any. Thanks.

I find that building cvsup takes a lot of resoures such as
installing modula to build it, so I've always just put cvsup in
as an installable package.

You can do this.

PKG_PATH=ftp://ftp2.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-stable/packages
export PKG_PATH

or

setenv PKG_PATHftp://ftp2.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-stable/packages

depending on what shell you use.

Then do this.

pkg_add -v $PKG_PATH/net/cvsup-without-gui-16.1f.tgz

[or the approriate package substitued above]

Really quite painless.

Bill

{or set PKG_PATH
--