Date:      Thu, 03 Jan 2008 19:51:41 +0300
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        Chess Griffin <chess@chessgriffin.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Brasero and Linux SG Driver

On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 10:10:54 -0500 Chess Griffin wrote:

> I am trying to build and test Brasero based on Marcus' recent diff.  I
> have added 'device sg' to my kernel configuration, recompiled, and
> rebooted.  Is there anything else I need to do to configure the use of
> the Linux SG SCSI support other than recompiling the kernel?  I've
> never used this sg driver before and I can't seem to find any
> documentation or man pages about it.

After looking at /sys/conf/NOTES...:
-----
# The sg driver provides a passthrough API that is compatible with the
# Linux SG driver.  It will work in conjunction with the COMPAT_LINUX
# option to run linux SG apps.  It can also stand on its own and provide
# source level API compatiblity for porting apps to FreeBSD.
-----

...it seems to me that you should do nothing but have (kld)load linux.ko.

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve