Date:      Thu,  4 Apr 2002 14:45:01 +0200
From:      johann@broadpark.no
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD acting weird after network installation

Hi.

Just now I did a network installation of FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE on my future
gateway. That seemed to work flawlessly.

The second thing I did was to pkg_add -r cvsupit. It went about 10-20 seconds
before it started running; when the fetch URL got displayed. After that, it installed
nicely. Then when it was time to run cvsup -g -L 2 /etc/cvsupfile it complained
about some library error.

Does anyone recognize this behavior?

One other thing I find peculiar is that the box' only harddrive has been assigned the
name ad2. Shouldn't it be ad1, if not ad0? I'm suspecting some sort of harddrive
malfunction, though I'd be surprised if it turned out to be that.

Sincerely,
Johann